What’s In Your Heart?
Luke 6:43-45 (NIV) from Biblegateway.com
43-“No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44-Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thorn bushes, or grapes from briers. 45-A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Luke 6:43-45 (NIV)
What can we learn from these 75 words?
Luke 6:43-45 Notes:
– good does not produce bad
– bad does not produce good
– people will look at you and see what you really are. (good or bad)
– you can not expect to receive good from bad
– you can not expect to receive bad from good
– good produces good
– bad produces bad
The last 10 words should be an eye opener for us all. Let’s take a closer look at these 10 words. “For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.”
What is stored inside your heart? Is it good or bad?
– “A good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart,”
– “and an evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart.”
Everyday we are given choices of what we will fill our hearts with. We don’t just start our day with immediately storing good or bad, we start with a choice. It is the choices that we make that define what and who we are. “For the mouth speaks what the heart is full of.” Each choice we make shapes and molds our hearts. Our hearts begin filling with the good or the bad. Which all boils down to the choices we make. What’s in your heart? Answer – just start talking and you will find out.
From my heart to yours,
(May you be encouraged today and be an encouragement to others)
As my wise grandpa said, it doesn’t cost you anything to SMILE.