Here are the ABCs on becoming a Christian:
A — Admit to God you are a sinner. Repent, turning away from your sin.
- Romans 3:23, “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- Romans 6:23, ” For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- Acts 3:19, “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord”
- 1 John 1:9, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”
B — Believe that Jesus is God’s Son and that God sent Jesus to pay the penalty for sin.
- John 3:16, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 14:6, “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”
- Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
C — Confess your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- Romans 10:9-10, “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
- Romans 10:13, “for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
If you have any questions, please ask! If you have accept Jesus as Lord of your life, please comment below so we can celebrate together!!